What is Freestyle 2?
Freestyle 2 is an Intermediate Level workshop over 4 weeks (one evening per week) that will provide participants with a better understanding of using Ableton Live with various hardware synthesizers and sequencers. In addition, learning how to maximize the use of a keyboard controller (how to utilize all those knobs and sliders) as well as an introduction to PUSH 2.0 will be explored. Midi routing, channel routing, sidechain, re-sampling, midi clock and sync setup will also be taught.
Four (4) free DayPasses to use our Studio Pods are included as part of this workshop so you can refine and develop what you learn if you do not have access to adequate gear at home. More info here: www.wiredmusic.ca/use-our- gear
The workshop is limited to 6 participants and each participant has exclusive use of their own “pod”. No equipment is required of the participants.
Who should attend?
- If you have taken our SessionMaster or BeatMaker courses and are familiar with Ableton Live at a basic level, this workshop is for you. You will get to experience the depth and power of Ableton Live first hand.
- If you have a solid working knowledge of Ableton Live but want to push your knowledge constraints, this workshop could be for you.
- We do not recommend this workshop for anyone younger than 16 years old, a casual user or a date.
A Few Details:
- – setting up, understanding workstation, midi channels, setup of synths, overview of synths; their strengths, unique features,
- – channel routing, freezing, instrument and drum racks, sidechain,
- -arrangement, song structure basics, automation, audio racks, macro controls, midi learn, midi controls, push 2 overview, control surface basics,
- – mixdown, work on track, basic mixing tricks, compression and eq